Moving icons on home screen

WTCJr13

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
The tap and hold function no longer works on my Ss g4. Once my finger touches the icon on any home screen, the app opens immediately. This stops me from moving any icons on any screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

WTCJr13

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your quick reply. I am not sure. I don't understand TouchWiz that well or launchers. Although I do play around with my settings I may have changed something unknowingly.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm almost sure that there's no such option in TW. So if you're not using another launcher another possibility could be this. Go to settings, accessibility, touch & hold delay and make sure it's short. Having it long can cause your problem.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I don't know of any other settings that could do that, just other apps locking the icons.

I assume that you just tried the normal things like soft reboot and battery. Some people recommend wiping the cache partition. Nothing is going to be lost, but I've no idea if that could solve the problem.

WTCJr13

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
You hit the nail on the head! Yes, I had soft started the phone several times, but until you mentioned it, I had not cleaned out my cache in quite a while. I went in and took care of that and now icons move as they ought to. Thank you for such a quick reply and sticking with me through this.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty