LG G3 Wont load Facebook app using WIFI

A

AC Question

Im new to Android and just got the LG G3 two days ago. Was loving it and now my Facebook app wont update my news feed, notifications, etc. using WIFI. Everything else will run using WIFI (emails, Goggle, etc.) but I have to use 4G in order for Facebook to work....please help.

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Go to your Settings > App Management and clean the Cache and Data of the Facebook app and then try it. Don't worry these kind of problems are very common with the FB app as it has a lot of programming issues. Also if all else fails, just install the whole app again after uninstalling it from your phone

Mark Fennessey

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Same issue as well. When I clear the cache and restart it works for a little while but reverts to non-functioning on WiFi. I've deleted and re-download the app and even reset the phone. Still a problem.

Stacy Kolls

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Having the same problem. Worked fine from early February until just last week when FB did an app update. This was after Verizon pushed the Lollipop update. Has this been reported with any other Android devices, or is this specific to the G3? Love the phone otherwise!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It happened on some devices (like my Nore 3) at 4.4. Android TKIP encryption seems to noo longer be compativle with router TKIP encryption. (Aren't standards wonderful? Wouldn't it be nice if we actually had some?) Even using AES, ny Linksys (best router on the market for home use, right?) would take about 3 years to load a FB video. I bought a Netgear WNR2000 for $40 (normally I wouldn't touch any but the most expensive Netgear routers), set it to AES encryption (and told the phone to forget the connection, then connected again) and although Facebook doesn't pop up like it's in my local storage, it doesn't take a whole second to show the picture or video when I scroll.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87