Galaxy tab s 8.4 sd card question

A

AC Question

Sorry that this is long but I want to explain. I will start out by saying that I use my tablet as a computer. The last time I owned a proper pc was before the 1st ipad came out. I eventually bought a iPod touch to use in the car, and had no need for a pc. To be fair it was a vista, and no one had a need for one of those! Eventually I bought the ipad 2 after the first ipad slowed down to much, though it does still work. More recently I bought the mini with retina. The size was perfect, it even fit in my pocket. So I retired my ipad 2 and ipod to the drawer. Unfortunately it turned out that the mini was made out of tissue paper and gum. It broke, under its own accord, in about a month. I really liked the idea of the 8ish sized tab, but didn't want to waist another 600 bucks buying another ipad. So I've been looking at android tablets, because there the only other realistic option. After checking just about everything on the market the obvious choice is the galaxy tab s 8.4. It's better than almost everything else in just about every way, and if can get one locally for about 250. The problem is after looking around I have found sd card problems associated with kitkat. The memory usage on my tablet now is divided into three main areas; Spotify, a music download app that I use for podcasts, and occasionally a couple movies. The main question is, am I going to be able to put the spotify playlists, podcast and movies on the sd card? Is it only built in apps that can use the sd card, or any app can only access it's own folder on the card? If it's only build in apps than why does the tab s have amazing reviews? 16 gb is unusable, for that matter so is 32, without the ability to expand.
I just really need to know if this tablet will work for me. Thank you for your help.