Has anyone seen any release for Samsung Note 4 Developer Edition ?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Looking for a developer edition so I dont have warranty problems with unlocking the Bootloader.

Ron
No, there isn't a developer edition. If I recall, I don't think there has been a prior developer edition option listed for sale. You'll have to root the device and risk denial of warranty service if you really mess something up. Companies have been pretty lenient with honoring warranty service on rooted devices. So you can risk it and get the Note 4, or purchase a developer edition device that can be unlocked. Be aware that just because it's a developer edition device doesn't mean it will be guaranteed to be covered under warranty. If something you do caused the device to brick the manufacturer won't cover it.

rnutter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I appreciate the information. Was trying to be on the safe side as much as I can be.

I am working on a book where I will talking about how the Note 4 is a good option to consider for a particular situation. Samsung PR hasnt responded to multiple inquiries, so I will have to proceed on my own as best I can or find a device with a similar size/feature combination.

Ron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana