Question Using Mobile Data while WiFi is enabled

qiTsuk

Mar 18, 2024
Visit site
Hello all. I have seen similar question, but with no useable answer so far, sadly.

I have a specific app, that I need to use mobile data, despite WiFi being turned on, because...

I have a cheap action cam, that can connect to my phone using Wifi - Streaming the capture og the camera to my Phone. My intention, is then to capture the screen and send it off to a WebRTC, so I can capture that on my desktop and stream it via OBS. So here comes the problem - I can't get it to work.

I have been to developer settings, and checked that Mobile Data is always active. I have tried using NetGuard, and telling it that the app, can only use mobile data, but to no avail.

There is an app called Speedify, which is not really intended for this purpose, but I can make it work with that, so I know my desired outcome, can be achieved - Speedify however, is a $100/y subscription, and I need this maybe once or twice, so not really willing to drop that kind of money and the free plan is only for 2Gigs of total traffic. So does anyone here know of a way to make this work? :) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, and I am on a OnePlus Open running OxygenOS 13.2.