Is it possible to retrieve lost data from a damaged micro SD card?

Mike James5

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi, so i have several micro SD cards but one in particular i had an issue with was an 8gb Sony. I usually use it in one Samsung device but did a favor for someone and put it in their phone to copy songs on it. After that when i tried to put it back in my device i got a message that said damaged SD card.

I panicked tried to mount it and it just kept saying it was damaged. I then put it back in the phone where the songs i transferred and it prepared it but to my astonishment about 6.6gbs were free! I only had 2.5mb free before that. Music is my life and I have too many songs that i love and i cant remember all of them. I feel so depressed. have been looking all over and calling places and having some tell me that data recovery on micro SD is nearly impossible and others telling me it is possible but giving prices of $400-$1000! I cant afford that.

Can anyone help maybe suggest a program that is free or even if i have to pay i dont mind but i cant afford $400 right now. I was looking at recuva and a few others but dont know much about these things. If i use recuva will it put the potential recoverable files in another folder and not SD card?? Or are there any other programs?? Please i cant cope

Mike James5

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Diddy for answering but im looking at another program and would you know if there is a difference between data and file recovery? Because the program has them both as separate downloads and i need to get pack pictures and mp3

Mike James5

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi again, so i did end up trying it and it worked and recovered some files. The majority of files however are messed up or not even there at all. For example a song that might have been 4mb before is now 20mb with half the song then in between other songs start to play within it. Some pictures also only half of the image shows up. I know you aren't familiar with this particular product but usually when a picture or file seems to have error like that during a recovery does that mean they are just corrupt and cant be fully retrieved at all? Even if i later somehow get the $ and have someone actually goe into the micro SD card itself? These really mean a lot to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch