music file in sd card

bouhlon

Sep 13, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,
While checking to insure that my music files were transferred correctly, I ran across this file µ0_000~1. It is write protected and cannot be unprotected through normal methods, it contained nothing of music or language, just a bunch of symbols, info I assume but none the less I didn't take any chances and decided to format the card entirely, can someone please tell me as to wtf it was, as in a virus or encrypted file that had no business being on my phone, or if im just over reacting, let it be known that I run my music through winamp pro app, not sure if that has anything to do with it, but im trying to eliminate further questions. also there were 3 other file of similarity, PLEASE TELL ME what this is. Thank you community!!

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,
While checking to insure that my music files were transferred correctly, I ran across this file µ0_000~1. It is write protected and cannot be unprotected through normal methods, it contained nothing of music or language, just a bunch of symbols, info I assume but none the less I didn't take any chances and decided to format the card entirely, can someone please tell me as to wtf it was, as in a virus or encrypted file that had no business being on my phone, or if im just over reacting, let it be known that I run my music through winamp pro app, not sure if that has anything to do with it, but im trying to eliminate further questions. also there were 3 other file of similarity, PLEASE TELL ME what this is. Thank you community!!

Where was the location of these files? in which specific folder? If you can trace back to the folder, then it can shade some light on what it was. But the fact that you have formatted your card makes it safe if it was a virus. I don't think its a virus, but I think its important for you to run your antivirus to ensure you are protected. The other important thing you should have done is to check the file format, to know what kind of file your dealing with.
Umm, you don't have to be worried much, until of course the file appears again, because it might if winamp needs it. It might be a plugin, theme or something like that.