Can't disable notification sounds with Samsung S2 / Android 4.1.2

A

AC Question

I've had problems with the media process bug chewing up battery life on my S2 , evidently there is a pretty common problem. I read that reformating the SD card might fix the issue since the media process can get hung up on a corrupted file. That fix didn't work, so another fix I saw was to clear the cache on the media process. I did that, and ever since then I'm getting random phone rings. I thought maybe it actually was notifications causing the ringing and somehow the wrong tone ( ring tone ) was being used instead of the default notification sound. So I blocked notifications but the random rings still continue.

I'll pulled the battery to reset, rebooted into recovery mode & wiped cache partition, but I still get the same random rings. Since this means I never know if it's a real call or a random ring, the phone is a real pain to deal with.

Are there any other fixes I should try?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you performed a factory reset? Give that a try and see if it works. You'll need to backup your data, sync with accounts, etc. beforehand to not lose any important information.

Let us know how it goes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez