Question How to get rid of this annoying persistent spotify(?) notification

h1afer

Feb 17, 2024
Visit site
Every time anyone on my network plays music off a speaker, I get a notification to control it. I don't want this, I find it concerning that I'm even given access to this. It happens at home and even at university. It's insane to me spotify thought this was a good idea. It seems to be part of spotifys genius idea to allow to to join in on someone's listening which I also can't work out how to turn off.

But now, it's coming up as a player notification that I can't swipe away since the latest Samsung One UI update and it's incredibly annoying since it's a massive notification that means my actual notifications don't even start to display till half way down the screen.

Anyone know of a fix for this? I can't find anything in my settings across Android, Google or Spotify to fix this.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Is this when connecting to a smart speaker or display using Chromecast? If so, open your Google Home app, select the speaker in question, tap the gear icon at the upper right, then Recognition & Sharing. Turn off the toggle for "Let others control your cast media."

I've never been a big fan of this feature either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana