Tethering {hide from netwok}

mailroomman1818

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys

Quick question for you regarding tethering .
i was on a truly unlimited data plan with three mobile uk but i upgraded and lost the tethering option for a cheaper plan.
i was told at the time i could add this back on to my plan at a later time and at that time i need to economise a bit so
opted for the lower plan .
i managed without it but asked to but it back on and was told no you cant add untill you take out a new contract in just over a years time .
so i was lied to about this and the network want do anything about it .

i really need to get tethering back that leads to my question is there a safe way to hide tethering from the network via a usb conection or wifi or even bluetooth.

thanks in advance

mailroomman :'(

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys

Quick question for you regarding tethering .
i was on a truly unlimited data plan with three mobile uk but i upgraded and lost the tethering option for a cheaper plan.
i was told at the time i could add this back on to my plan at a later time and at that time i need to economise a bit so
opted for the lower plan .
i managed without it but asked to but it back on and was told no you cant add untill you take out a new contract in just over a years time .
so i was lied to about this and the network want do anything about it .

i really need to get tethering back that leads to my question is there a safe way to hide tethering from the network via a usb conection or wifi or even bluetooth.

thanks in advance

mailroomman :'(
Try using Fox-Fi - Google Play Store. It allows you to tether wirelessly through Wi-Fi or wired. If that doesn't work, the carrier may offer a Hotspot add-on package. Though, that may be an increased price over the unlimited plan you want to add.

Good luck - let us know how it goes.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^Aren't they being generous with the the tethering allowance....in other words, 4gb not in the sense of 4000mb, but the more accurate 4096mb? Or do I fail to understand what you mean?

Posted via Android Central App

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
^^^Aren't they being generous with the the tethering allowance....in other words, 4gb not in the sense of 4000mb, but the more accurate 4096mb? Or do I fail to understand what you mean?

It's the old mathematical thing. 1gb isn't 1000 mb exactly, like 1000 bytes isn't 1mb exactly. I forget the formula. But yes I guess you could say they are being generous but it's down to their computer, and someone would argue about it.

Does your Three app work. Do you have any tethering?

ON EDIT : sorry, you knew that. Just read your post again.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
^^^I'm not sure which of us you're addressing there but I'll answer anyway. My Three app usually works. I don't have tethering but am thinking of using one of their SIM-only deals that allow unlimited data including 4gb of tethering. It will be handy if I get yet another phone.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non