Why can't I get my Galaxy Y to connect to the wi-fi in my home?

Mahesh Limaye

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
why my galaxy y is not onnecting to wi-fi in my home

when other two handsets moto g-2 and lumia 520 are successfull in connecting to it. no password mistake, it shows problem in authentication occurred. but with same password other two got connected.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: why my galaxy y is not onnecting to wi-fi in my home

#2 in B. Diddy's guide is a soft reboot with most routers. To hard reboot, unplug the power, hold in the reset button, reconnect the power and keep the reset button pressed until the lights go back to a steady pattern (about 15 seconds). The router will be set the way it was when you got it - no wifi security, the SSID will be the default, as will the login and password.

If you can't get a wifi connection, it's the router. If you get a wifi connection, but can't connect to the internet - but other devices in the house CAN connect to the internet, it could be a limited connection to the router. Forget the connection and try again. (If you can connect to your router, look at its status page, to see what its IP address (not your phone's or laptop's address, the address the router is getting on the page it has its mask and DNS addresses shown) is. If it's in the 169.254 range, your router isn't connecting to the internet. [See the next paragraph, if that's the case.])

If none of the devices in the house, phones, laptops, desktops, can get an internet connection, it's usually a bad cable modem, the cable modem needs to be reset or your house isn't getting any internet service. That could be anything from a tree branch falling on the cable and breaking it - even blocks away - to a problem at the provider's office (or even a problem with THEIR provider - not all providers connect directly to the internet, some of them buy internet service from "upstream" providers). Call your provider's tech support number. And hope they have tech support, not someone reading from a list of questions and answers. Someone who can look at your modem and your router (electronically, from their office) and figure out what's going on. The cheaper your internet service is, the less likely they are to have such people. (You pay for real technical support.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo