How can I unlock a Galaxy Note 2?

A

AC Question

Problems with Unlocking a Galaxy Note 2

I have just taken over my son's GT-N7100 (on Threes UK network) and I need to get it unlocked so I can use it on my T-Mobile UK Network. My problem is that the device has been rooted and is running CyanogenMOD 11.

Is it possible to unlock a device that is not running stock android? If so, how do I go about it?

Thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Problems with Unlocking a Galaxy Note 2

I have just taken over my son's GT-N7100 (on Threes UK network) and I need to get it unlocked so I can use it on my T-Mobile UK Network. My problem is that the device has been rooted and is running CyanogenMOD 11.

Is it possible to unlock a device that is not running stock android? If so, how do I go about it?

Thanks
Yes, you should be able to unlock it even with it running CM 11 and not stock. Take a look through this XDA thread: Unlock Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 N7105 (((… | Samsung Galaxy Note II GT-N7100, N7105 | XDA Forums

Let us know if you are able to successfully unlock it.

stevelw

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problems with Unlocking a Galaxy Note 2

I've tried to follow those instructions, but not got very far.

As there is no SiM card present in the phone (it was deactivated when my son changed handset and carrier), I get an error when trying to dial the number in Step 1. What, in step 2, is meant by "main menu"? The only menu I can see is the three dots at the bottom right of the screen and there is no UMTS option on that, so I can't see how to proceed through this stage, never mind the rest of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgsegds