How to Backup a Verizon Galaxy S7

Major Galaxy

Jan 27, 2024
Visit site
I’m in the UK and I’ve got a Verizon branded Galaxy S7. SAMSUNG-SM-G930V

(Bought second-hand in a phone shop here. Didn’t realise it was Verizon branded or the problems that would cause.)

What I want to do is make a full backup of everything on the phone and then be able to access the files which are in the backup from a PC.

It is unlocked and working with a sim on a UK network.

But it still has the Verizon branding and I understand it is pretty much impossible to remove it. I don’t want to get involved in routing and flashing, even if it would work.

If I connect it to a PC by USB it recognises the device but you can’t see any files.

I’ve enabled Google backup, but it appears to backup very little and anyway there doesn’t appear to be a way of accessing the files in the Google “cloud”.

Samsung cloud backup doesn’t work because it is disabled on Verizon phone. The Cloud option simply isn’t there in Settings.

Verizon cloud backup doesn’t work because there is not a Verizon sim in it. And I cannot get one because I am in the UK. (The Verizon Cloud app actually says there is no sim in it. But there is and it is working.)

Any ideas?

girogighonghadze

Feb 2, 2024
Visit site
It seems like you're facing some challenges with backing up your Verizon-branded Galaxy S7 and accessing the files from a PC. Since the Verizon branding might be causing some limitations, here are a few alternative options you can consider:

1. **Smart Switch**: You can use Samsung Smart Switch software to back up your phone to your PC. It allows you to back up your entire device, including settings, apps, and media.

2. **Third-Party Backup Apps**: There are third-party backup apps available on the Google Play Store that may offer more comprehensive backup options. Look for apps with good reviews and a solid track record.

3. **External SD Card**: If your device has an SD card slot, you can manually transfer important files, such as photos and videos, to an external SD card and then access them on your PC.

4. **Cloud Storage**: Consider using third-party cloud storage services like Dropbox, Google Drive, or OneDrive to back up your files and access them from your PC.

These alternatives might help you work around the limitations caused by the Verizon branding.