Can anyone help me figure out why my Nexus 7 2012 isn't working?

A

AC Question

Troubleshooting Nexus 7 2012

I have an old Nexus 7 2012 that has not worked since my son got it. I have tried all the tricks to make it turn on. It is not even seen by my computer. No light no sound nothing. I read the battery voltage at around 4v. So I believe it is charging.

Question is: Is there a way to tell if the screen is bad and I can't see anything OR if the board is bad?

Could it be something else?

Process to troubleshoot it?

If not which do I try and replace first? Easiest? Cost?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Troubleshooting Nexus 7 2012

Process to troubleshoot it?
If you have to ask that, the process is to bring it into a repair shop. Get an estimate, look online to see what a used one is worth (try Swappa), then decide what to do.

The procedure to troubleshoot it is to ... well, troubleshoot it. Open it up and trace things to see where the problem is. You learn this by doing it under supervision, after learning (usually in a technical school or in college) how electronics works. That's one reason I recommend that anyone who asks how to fix the internals of a cellphone doesn't attempt it. People with the ability to do it don't ask how to do it, they just do it. People who have to ask are about 2 years from having enough basic training to do it. (And, in some cases, a few years short of the experience needed.) Fixing a cellphone isn't like changing a tire, it's more like fixing a broken arm. (Nick an artery, and you'll need to get a new patient.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress