Why won't my headphone jack work?

A

AC Question

I have a Galaxy tab 4 and I was listening to music earlier but now itmy headphone jack doesn't work. I've tried different earbuds and made sure that the ones I were using were working properly and they have no faults. The tab recognizeS that I plug them in but when I hit play on my music nothing comes out. Also my speakers are working fine its just the headphone jack... I've tried cleaning it with a Q-tip and some rubbing alchol but it hasn't worked so it's not dirty... can anyone help?!

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a Galaxy tab 4 and I was listening to music earlier but now itmy headphone jack doesn't work. I've tried different earbuds and made sure that the ones I were using were working properly and they have no faults. The tab recognizeS that I plug them in but when I hit play on my music nothing comes out. Also my speakers are working fine its just the headphone jack... I've tried cleaning it with a Q-tip and some rubbing alchol but it hasn't worked so it's not dirty... can anyone help?!

Hi. Welcome to Android Central. It might be that the tablet needs a reboot. Try that first.

Sent from my nifty 2 year old AT&T HTC One XL

Sandee Wagner

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 and my speaker jack stopped working. The sound comes out of the speakers great. When I jack in earbuds, it recognizes that they are connected, but no sound comes through. I've tried several pair that work on other Android devices (my phone) so it's not the earbuds. I have reset/rebooted the Tab. Any suggestions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana