My Google Pixel 5 Won't Charge

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My problem goes pretty much as the title says. I had my phone on the counter playing music while I was taking a shower, and it died half-way through, so I plugged it up. After two and a half hours, however, it still said it was at 0%. My first guess was water, so I unplugged it and used some compressed air to clean it out, then plugged it up into a secondary charger, still under assumption that maybe the first one got wet. Still no good.
Then I tried cleaning the port out with a toothpick, to no avail. I shined a flashlight in to see if anything was awry, and other than some green spots on the middle plug, it all looked fine. And as far as those green spots are concerned, I've had them for three years without problems, so I doubt they're the culprit.
This all took place a few hours ago, and from then to now, the phone has been plugged up to three separate chargers, and now keeps flashing between a dim battery with a lightning bolt, and 0%. Back and forth. I've tried pressing both the - volume button and the power button to force the phone to turn on, and it still just sits at 0% for a minute or two before dying again. Then it goes back to the flashing. Every now and then it also shows a red and white icon, then the Google logo, and boots up like normal, only to show the phone is at 0% and dies again. I really don't wanna buy a new phone but I honestly don't know what else to do.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If there was moisture in the charging port (which is very possible, since water could have easily condensed onto the contacts) and then you plugged it in to charge, the current might have caused something to short, so it's possible something got fried. You might have to bring the phone to a repair shop for diagnosis.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
You could always try a wireless charger... Did you really plug your phone in to charge in a bathroom while you were showering and expect nothing bad would happen?

UK trivia, our bathrooms do not have plug sockets.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos