Why is my Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini Battery Draining so fast?

A

AC Question

I'm completely confused on this, I have tried numerous chargers, 3 different batteries, and even tried charging the battery externally using an external charger. I have tried a factory reset, as well as booting to Safe Mode but the problem remained, which leads me to believe it is not a third party app. The only thing that seems to stop the battery draining so fast is if I turn off both the WiFi and Mobile Data. I have never had any battery issues before.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I am stumped.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Oh, we know about stumped here. Most if not all of us at AC have been stumped at one time or another. Have you considered the possibility that your SIM card is duff? Not very likely perhaps, but worth investigating.

Posted via Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I'm completely confused on this, I have tried numerous chargers, 3 different batteries, and even tried charging the battery externally using an external charger. I have tried a factory reset, as well as booting to Safe Mode but the problem remained, which leads me to believe it is not a third party app. The only thing that seems to stop the battery draining so fast is if I turn off both the WiFi and Mobile Data. I have never had any battery issues before.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I am stumped.

Leaving both data and WiFi on will drain the battery on your phone quicker than with just one on. Try lowering your screen brightness if it is too high, and kill any applications you use once you are done using them.

Sent from my nifty 2 year old AT&T HTC One XL

HeelDaz

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
OP here, thank you for your responses, I will take my SIM card out and see if that helps, I have the brightness on the lowest level and also only usually have on either WiFi or Data at once. I should also mention I have removed the SD card and still experience the same problem. This morning I went from 100% to 80% in about 20 minutes.