Question Samsung A51 - draining battery

emimoon

Mar 3, 2024
Visit site
Thank you for this forum.

I had the A51 (5G version) back in 2020 til 2022.
I unfortunately dropped it one too many times and it stopped functioning.

Fast forward, I'm annoyed that headphone jacks are being removed from phones and I wanted to go back to an AMOLED screen after using an LCD screen samsung phone for a while. I recently purchased a "renewed" version on Amazon.ca. (the 4G version this time, maybe shouldn't have but that's what I got...) Everything appears to work fine, and appears to be the phone I used to really enjoy. But! the battery drains really fast even with minimal app usage!

Now, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to see if purchasing a new battery might solve the issue. As I understand it has a plastic backing and this can be done. Is there any potential issue I could run into with opening it up, or would I be wasting my time?

FIY it does not have a charging issue. It charges very quickly.

This is the phone I am stuck with so any advice is appreciated.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Sounds like a battery issue can go into safe mode for awhile it will disable third party apps see if the battery drain is still bad but I would let a professional repair center handle the battery replacement

Reactions: Laura Knotek

winmod21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
~
Now, I'm wondering if it would be worth it to see if purchasing a new battery might solve the issue. As I understand it has a plastic backing and this can be done. Is there any potential issue I could run into with opening it up, or would I be wasting my time?
Another.... Welcome to Android Central :)

I would agree with @mustang7757 , as the battery is listed as "non-removable".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000