HELP! I messed up my phone, and I think I may have to do a factory reset???

lauraluv099

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
So, I don't know much about my Droid Razr Maxx HD, which will become obvious...I was trying to learn about the different types of storage & where to save my stuff to save memory (internal, the stuff I was saving on "external sd" which turned out to not be saving on my external sd card at all, but on internal emulated, etc.).

In all the moving about of files, I accidentally deleted some important ones. I'm pretty sure I deleted a bunch of APK files, as that folder is now empty. My phone is now very, very slow, the screen shuts itself off often for no apparent reason, quite often the screen does not react to my touch until I have tried several times (the same thing happens with the touch "buttons" on the bottom of the phone), and all my contacts that aren't through facebook are missing from both contacts and gmail (and when I try to sync them it gives me an error).

The only thing I can think of to do is to do a factory reset. How do I back up all the apps, contacts, texts, photos, etc. on my phone, then get it back on after the reset? No, I'm not rooted, but I'm ready to give it a try if I can get some help!

Thanks you!!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you rooted or unrooted? If you're not rooted, you can't really delete anything that is important to the system. If you deleted something important to some app you installed yourself, it could possibly make the app unstable and impact performance.

Have you already tried rebooting the phone?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non