Question S21 Ultra 5g .. failed update I think and battery issue

Rom

Mar 26, 2024
Visit site
Hey Everyone,

I need some help please.

I think I had a failed update. My phone kept getting super hot and then cutting out. Battery would then die at random parts.

I could still reboot my phone with Volume Down and Power. It said I charged it up to 100% before final death.

Then it rebooted less regularly. When it worked I copied as much of as I could as recent backups have not worked for photos and videos. System I have a copy from this month.

I do not get any charging information at all.

I tried wiping the cache partition. This happened. But no better.

Now suddenly I am in a situation that occasionally if I leave the phone alone.. on a laptop charge not a wall outlet... I can reboot it from black screen to Android Recovery. It will not boot past this. I see the One UI screen briefly and messages received on Android Recovery is:

Reboot recovery casue is [Unknown]#

Previous has said Previous Installation Failed at the top

Then at the bottom something about [Failed_during_update] or similar.

I don't mind factory resetting it and I have a new battery and charging port ready to fit. I am happy doing this.

Big question is... What the heck can I do to get the phone readable so I can get those photos and videos on.. As I know a factory reset will wipe it (if not already) and I cannot seem to communicate with the laptop in Android Recovery.. unless I don't know what I am doing as all those recovery apps seem to need a working booted Android phone.

Please help me.. Just want to save my data at this point. Then happy to reset.. restore store .. fit new charging port and battery as I suspect it may be goosed.

Really many thanks in advance to reading and trying to help.

Conclusion.. cannot get into One Ui / Android. I think an update failed a few days ago as I had overheating issues with black screen since then.

I tried Loading from Sd or ADB etc.. but I imagine there is not an image there if that is what it is supposed to do.

Many thanks everyone,

Hoping I have not lost that stuff.. .. So want to give it a crack first.

Thank you

R

Rom

Mar 26, 2024
Visit site
I have managed to somehow get UI 6 latest update on the phone after some power ons after rebooting.
Still nothing when powered off.. No charge symbol.
Phone getting hot.
When cable plugged in.. Phone will not switch on or anything and gets hot.

Any recommendations at this stage as I cannot even factory default clear it?

Thanks

R

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter