Where is clipboard located on my phone and how do I access it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AC Question

Where is clipboard how do I access it

Where is Clipboard located on my phone? I have sent things there and don't know how to access or find it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Where is clipboard how do I access it

Welcome to Android Central! The clipboard contents are not typically visible to the user until you paste them somewhere. To see if you have anything in the clipboard, create a document in Google Drive, or a note in Google Keep (or something like that), long-press an empty area of the document, and then tap Paste. Whatever is in the clipboard will be pasted. Remember that the clipboard is very transient--so if you copy one thing to the clipboard, and then you decide to copy something else to the clipboard without pasting the first thing somewhere, you'll lose that first item in favor of the second item.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

Welcome to the forums. :)

The Clipboard is sort of virtual rather than real. You can't see directly into it, so to speak, but only get things out of it. Check B. Diddy's reply above.

Posted via the Android Central App

mozimack

Jun 23, 2015
Visit site
Open a memo. Long press on a blank area and you will see "clip tray" touch that and everything you've cut and or copied will be there. You can scroll through to find the clip you want. My phone does not over write when i copy or paste something new. I have an LG Access LTE

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site

If one of you has a Samsung, you may be in luck. Most devices store the most recent clip only, which you can paste onto something that accepts it.

With Samsung's up to 2013 at least, you can either open the built in "Internet" browser, long press on the address box and swipe to find a Clipboard icon.
If you use the Samsung keyboard, there is a clipboard route there also.
This will normally bring up the last 10 or 20 clips, I can't remember, but includes screenshots.
Even if you reboot the device they should still be there.

Highly recommend you install the Clipper app, which stores 20 clips in the free version.

Status
Not open for further replies.