Question How can I access my CP messages?

herbsta

Jan 28, 2024
Visit site
I just want to access my CP (Client Provisioning) messages sent by my carrier on my various Android devices. This is an incredibly basic feature but I cannot find it anywhere on modern versions of Android and its apps. I can access them when I am sent a new CP message when I insert or re-insert a sim into one of my devices but I can't find ANY way to access them otherwise.

Does anyone know a simple way to access these in modern Android?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you remind us what specific info in the CP messages you're looking for? In my experience, any info sent from my carrier (T-Mobile) comes as an SMS, typically from a 3-digit number.

Reactions: herbsta

herbsta

Jan 28, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can you remind us what specific info in the CP messages you're looking for? In my experience, any info sent from my carrier (T-Mobile) comes as an SMS, typically from a 3-digit number.
I am currently using MINT mobile which is just cheap pre-paid version of T-Mobile. For me the CP messages have their own special notification that I get when I insert my sim card into one of my devices. All these messages do is automatically configure your access points when you "install" them. When I tap on the notification it takes me to some incredibly simple interface that only has a list of the CP messages that my device has received before. I can't find any way to access this screen except for tapping on a notification after inserting a SIM. There should be some way to access it but I don't see any way to get there from the messaging app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Shot in the dark, but open your Google Messages app, tap your profile pic at the upper right, then Message Settings>Advanced>SIM Card Messages. Anything there?

Reactions: herbsta

herbsta

Jan 28, 2024
Visit site
Shot in the dark, but open your Google Messages app, tap your profile pic at the upper right, then Message Settings>Advanced>SIM Card Messages. Anything there?
Nice try! They weren't there but I didn't know how to find that either.

I think sim card messages are like text messages copied to your SIM old school style, from the days before sd cards. Thanks for the help and greetings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter