How do I remove demo mode?

A

AC Question

remove demo mode????

my son was playing on his tablet when the word DEMO in big red letters popped onto his screen he doesnt know how or why how do i fix this??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: remove demo mode????

Welcome to Android Central! What device is it? Did you buy it brand new, or was it used, or a floor model? Does the word Demo appear on all screens, or only in certain apps?

The device is probably a floor model that was sold as is. You could try looking through all of the system settings to see if there is an option to turn off Demo Mode, or you could go to Settings>Apps>All and see if there is an app called "Demo." If there is, tap it and tap Disable.

The other option is to do a factory reset, and see if that helps. All data will be wiped from the device, though, so backup or sync any personal data.

Cassie Cordova

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

There is no APP called DEMO. It is on EVERY ******* SCREEN. It just appeared out of ******* nowhere. I've disabled all things that say DEMO on it. Still is ******* there. This is pissing me off so bad...I didn't order a floor model from ******* Amazon.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

There is no APP called DEMO. It is on EVERY ******* SCREEN. It just appeared out of ******* nowhere. I've disabled all things that say DEMO on it. Still is ******* there. This is pissing me off so bad...I didn't order a floor model from ******* Amazon.

Hello, I understand your frustrated and would like to get this resolved. However we need to keep the un necessary language in check.

Thanks,

Paul
Moderator Team Leader @ AC.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you buy the device brand new from Amazon itself, or from the Amazon Marketplace? The latter is comprised of independent sellers who may be more likely to sell you a refurbished or floor model without telling you.

By the way, you haven't mentioned the brand and model of the device yet.

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! I'll pose the same question to you--where did you buy your tablet? If it wasn't brand new from a well-established retailer, there's more chance that it's a used/refurbished unit, or possibly a floor model. Floor models might have a special demo ROM installed.

Renee Cramp

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site

Thru a nz based door sales group, myself and my 2 flatmates all got the box deal they offered and mine is only 1 that's done this. I only use it for playing games, emails and facebook, anbd I don't just install anything or update everything unless I need or know what is

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

What's a door sales group? You mean they go door-to-door trying to sell devices? I'd have to guess that your device was a demo floor model that was never meant to be sold to the public, but somehow got acquired by a company, who thought they could sell it easily.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

You mean the company that sold it to you? Yes, I'd contact them and see if they would replace it or refund you. In order to fix it, you'd probably have to root it and flash the stock ROM--the challenge would be finding the stock ROM somewhere, since your device isn't very common.

KeepItReal

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Some carriers have devices that automatically register with them, and are demo units. Demo software will automatically load. Or if you can access the settings, go to security, and look for & select Program Administrators (yours may say just Administrator, or close to it). Is there a Demo checked on? If there us, uncheck. Then go back to settings, Applications, see if you can find see a Demo app, or something close to that running...select it and chose uninstall? If not you should return the device.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I had the same problem so I contacted the manufacturer and they suggested that I UPGRADE THE FIRMWARE. This SOLVED the problem. Good Luck

That would make sense, since the demo mode was likely due to specific demo ROM that was installed for the store. The trick would be to upgrade the firmware for an off-brand device that had minimal support ...

Gamer010001

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I too have experienced this ****ty problem how do I fix it I have done everything that has been suggested above but still no ******* fix no wander why Apple are making more money than you if you can't even fix your own products.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy