Documents: What is the organizational capability?

A

AC Question

Documents: How is the organizational capability?

I come from a BlackBerry smartphones and do documents on-the-go. Any information on documents/folders organization and document handling on Android OS based smartphones is greatly appreciated.

(1) Can we create documents folders on the Android based smartphones?
(2) How is the visual organization of the documents/folders on Android smartphone?
(3) Does those features mentioned vary from brand/manufacturer?

I am leaning towards...
LG G3, Samsung Note 3/4 for Android.
Z10/Z30 for BlackBerry.
iPhone6 Plus for iOS.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Documents: How is the organizational capability?

Welcome to Android Central! I use Google Drive for all of my documents, and I can arrange everything there into folder structures. It's very easy, and there's the added benefit of being able to access all of your documents very easily from any device or computer--just log into your Google account. Do you intend to have all documents stored locally, or are you ok with cloud storage?

thomascgty

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

Sorry for the late response... Charter internet has been super slow, worst than dial-up, for the past days.

I store documents both locally and on the cloud via DropBox; kind of like two copies of the same file on different places.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Personally, I think it's better to keep the document in the cloud, and only download it temporarily if you need it offline. The problem with having copies on your devices and in the cloud is that if you start editing one, you might forget to update the other.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

(1) Can we create documents folders on the Android based smartphones?
It's a Linux file structure, so of course.

(2) How is the visual organization of the documents/folders on Android smartphone?
That's determined by the app you use to look at them. It's a standard Linux file structure.

(3) Does those features mentioned vary from brand/manufacturer?
No.

I am leaning towards...
LG G3, Samsung Note 3/4 for Android.
Z10/Z30 for BlackBerry.
iPhone6 Plus for iOS.
I use a Note 3, and have folders for whatever I want. It works pretty much the same way a PC does. (It works exactly the same way a PC running Linux does.)

Can't tell you how an iPhone works, or whether you can make your own folders. (Android is for those who want to do it their way, iPhone is for those who want to do it Steve Jobs' way.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non