What's wrong with my S4 and how to fix it, it has no display, but touch, sound/vibrate and LED all work?

A

AC Question

What's wrong with my s4 and how to fix it? (no display, but touch, sound/vibrate and LED work)

This has happened to my phone before and I gave it to my boyfriend and I have no idea how, but he got the phone to work-- well it's been about a month and it happened again.. The screen gets lines and static until the screen just goes black. Everything still works with the phone-- Volume works, touch screen works, turns on and off-- LED lights still work-- just no display. We've tried removing the battery and rebooting the phone (more than once) still nothing... The last time this happened was over a year ago and I left the battery out for months before it began working again. Is there anything we can do to turn on the display?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: What's wrong with my s4 and how to fix it? (no display, but touch, sound/vibrate and LED work)

Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like a faulty screen. It's hard to say if and when it will come back--maybe there's a loose connection somewhere. I would suggest bringing it to a repair shop, but if you're handy, you could search for the many YouTube videos showing you how to replace the screen--it might give you an idea of how to check the connections. Search YouTube for "S4 replace screen."