Which is best case for Nexus 5

A

AC Question

Looking for total protection, non slippery to hold, and screen protection. Understand Nexus 5 screens shatter easily? Thank you.

wcc7777777

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
My friend has a Nexus 5 and he uses a Spigen Tough Armor case, and I use the same case for my Galaxy S5. Unbelievable that this case is under 30 dollars...

EDIT: But it doesn't have screen protection (but a screen protector for 2 dollars max could solve that)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Any TPU case (like the Spigen) that protrudes past the screen will protect the screen from a flat drop to a flat surface, but only tempered glass will protect it from a drop to something that protrudes far enough to hit the screen (like a rock or even a high spot in a concrete sidewalk). The TPU cases have a good grip, but if you're the type who drops things, make or buy a lanyard, or use one of those coil things made for keys, and connect the phone to your belt.

(BTW, I use the iBlason case - it's similar to the Spigen. There a few manufacturers making similar cases.)

grover5

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I had not heard of issues with the nexus 5 screen. I use the nexus bumper case. I've dropped it a couple times from waist high and had no problems.

Posted via the Android Central App