Question Screen ghost presses across two phones (or; could I really be this unlucky?)

msrsnowshoes

Mar 8, 2024
Visit site
I bought a Galaxy A15 which began exhibiting ghost screen presses as if the camera app (which a user can swipe from the right to open on the lock screen) were attempting to open, but only a tenth of the camera screen would show, and the app wouldn't open. It wouldn't allow me to swipe up from the bottom to unlock the phone, and the screen was otherwise completely unresponsive. It took a restart to fix. It would occasionally do something similar when browsing on the Firefox app, and at first I thought it was an issue with the site(s) I was doom-scrolling.

I removed the tempered glass screen protector. I tried safe mode. The issue persisted. I turned off screen sensitivity and accidental touch protection. The issue persisted. I returned the phone, and purchased another thinking I'd gotten a lemon.

The second A15 is now doing the same thing, and I preemptively turned off screen sensitivity and accidental touch protection. I've removed the screen protector I installed on the second A15 and am going to see if it keeps having screen issues. The only other thing I can think might be causing this is the case I'm using with it. This seems unlikely since I used a Galaxy A01 with a nearly identical case for the last three years without issue, but I suppose it's possible. I really don't want to use a phone this expensive without a case and screen protector... Should I try and find a non-tempered glass screen protector?

Do ya'll think it's the case and/or the screen protector? Could I have gotten unlucky twice? [Could the A15 line/a specific batch of A15s be problematic?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How frequently does this happen? I would agree with testing it without the case -- if the problem happens frequently, then you should be able to test it in the safety of your home.

(BTW, @Laura Knotek , the OP has already tested it without the screen protector)

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000