Text messages sent from my phone without my permission

A

AC Question

Hi this morning my phone was in charge mode and when I turned it on this afternoon I had messages from my family and friends, to tell me that I had sent them all text messages (whilst the phone was charging) to announce to everyone that I am using an application called "go pro" How can I delete an app thats been installed on my mobile, that randomly sends text messages to random numbers in my contacts list?and what would the name of app be, that caused this? Many Thanks

User9136241

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Just want to say thanks guys for responding to my question. I installed Lookout and very quickly, it picked up some malware in the phone and removed it. Ive heard of malware in laptops, never thought they could get into the phone also. Feel a bit stupid now, as obviously if you access the internet via the hand device why would it not be there!!! Thanks again

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
It depends on what you install, really. That's why you need to read the app permissions carefully before clicking INSTALL, and installing from unknown sources (Sideloading) increases the risk if you download apps from shady sources.

Hostile85

Aug 16, 2017
Visit site
Sorry for the late reply but i have had the same thing happen to me today.. please look at the messages and see what you think. Please excuse the soppyness 😂

Attachments

• 20170817_042720.jpg
    20170817_042720.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 2