Question New Phone, Messages Messages Different Colors ... Any Way To Change?

JonB

Feb 29, 2024
Visit site
So I had to get a new phone because of battery swelling on the old one. Both were Androids, so copying everything over was pretty easy. Some settings to change and things like that, but fairly basic.

But one thing that really bugs me ... in Messages (the texting app) on my old phone, all the messages I sent were in blue, all the messages people sent to me were gray/white-ish color. I really liked it.

Now on the new phone, both their messages and mine are gray/white, though different shades of gray/white. I can find a setting to change background colors, but not my message colors. I read there -might- be somewhere that I can change message colors for one conversation ... but what I'd like to do is return to what I had on the old phone, where -all- my messages were blue. Made it far easier to differentiate the sides of the conversation at a glance.

Is there any known way?

(Hopefully doesn't matter, but old phone was Moto G7, new phone is Nokia G310.)

JonB

Feb 29, 2024
Visit site
Well, on the left side of the screen, it's got the Google G, so I assume Google. I have RCS activated. But whether SMS or RCS, all the text/text bubbles are shades of grey. I thought it might have been a change in the app, since the new phone is probably less than a year old, while the Moto G7 is probably 5 or 6 years old (the model, as well as my specific phone)

Screenshot A 022924.png

Daniel Detkowski

Feb 1, 2018
Visit site
You also have the option to install a different message app from the play store, such as Textra, which allows you to customize your chat bubbles.
You can make your message bubble blue, and your recepients bubbles greyish white.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240229-204931.png
    Screenshot_20240229-204931.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Laura Knotek

JonB

Feb 29, 2024
Visit site
No, no power saving features on.

Wallpaper and style was helpful, but not perfect. I expect the problem lies with Nokia. It seems to give me five option, the grey that it starts with, or select 1 of 4 colors ... and there seems to be no way to change those colors. And while I might prefer my old blue, I can live with shades of purple.

New Screenshot.png

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdaservices2000