Why is my Galaxy S3 SGH-T999 stuck with the logo when I boot it up?

Luca Ileana

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
galaxy s3 sgh-t999 stuck on logo upon boot up

I recently upgraded phones and I'm looking to sell my old gs3. But I had put a costom Rom on it awhile back but during the process at one point I ran into the same problem with the logo screen but I fixed it (I completely forget how) and that was that untill recently when I attempted to return the phone to stock by updating it to 4.3 with kies and that was fine it wasn't until I ran a master reboot that the logo problem resurfaced at that point I tryed to use Odin to flash stock firmware which after doing further research was a terrible idea to do with 4.3 but that's where I'm at my phone does not boot up past the Samsung logo luckily I can still access the dowload mode. I am thinking that I'm going to try flashing a root66 stock 4.3 is that a good idea. Any help would be much appreciated, thank you

Update:I tryed flashing the root 66. I did the newest 4.3 tmobile download i could find which is what fixed it when this happened about a year ago but this time it did nothing. Also when i boot into recovery mode at the bottom under where it says Seccessfully applied multi-CSC it says in red lettering

E:failed to mount /data (Invalid argumen
t)
can't mount '/data'(invalid argument)
E:failed to mount /data (Invalid argumen
t)
E:Can't mount /data/log/recovery_log.txt

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: galaxy s3 sgh-t999 stuck on logo upon boot up

I would try rebooting the PC, different cables (stock Samsung are hit and miss with data transfers) and USB ports (no USB hubs). See if that helps.