Why am I getting the error message Network diabled because internet connection is slow when trying to Wireless Direct Print?

Ogo Oluwa

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Wireless Direct Printing

Good day everyone. The subject refers. I have been trying to connect my tablet (Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition) to my hp printer (LaserJet Pro 200 color MFP M276nw) using wireless direct printing without success. What normally happens is when I try to detect the printer through wifi on the tablet, the error message I get from the tablet is "Network disabled because internet connection is slow". What can I do???

Last edited:

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Wireless Direct Printing

Does your printer have a WiFi or network option page? It sounds like your device is trying to go online to connect but if you are on the system your printer is connected to it shouldn't have to do this. My Epson, granted not the same brand, has WiFi and network sharing options built in. Even if it didn't have WiFi it has two network cable connections, one for a wireless router and one to my PC. Does yours have anything like that? If you only have one network connection and your PC/Laptop/Mac has WiFi you could connect your printer's network cable to your wireless router and it should show up on all of your devices as a wireless printer. If you are only able to hook up to your PC it may be more complicated, where the PC will will have to be on and your device connect to it wirelessly and then to your printer. I don't know how that would work though. If I were you I would see what the printer has to offer in its' settings or check the Play Store for an app specific to your brand of printer.

Epson makes one that is supper easy to use, it connects WiFi or network, and acts as any remote printing station would. I'm not sure it wouldn't work for any printer although it is an Epson app connecting to an Epson printer in my case, but it may be worth a try if your brand doesn't have an app. Having said that there are plenty of apps for wireless printing out there. Finding something that will establish a connection is your goal right now.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wireless Direct Printing

I use Cloud Print to print to my wifi-connected printer via Google. Never had any problem with it - it just takes a few minutes of paying attention to set it up. (It sounds as if it's the app on the tablet that's the problem, not that your printer isn't connected to your network.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty