How do I convert SHW-M110S to I900?

69Rixter

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
How-to convert SHW-M110S to I900

Hi Everyone:

Thanx for having me here. This is my first time (YES, I'm a VIRGIN) here and first time posting. I need a lot of information concerning the GalaxyS (SHW-M110S---Yes, it's Korean). #1. What would be the best method for turning this phone into an English language phone? (Good thing I wasn't born in Korea 'cause I can't speak/understand any korean) a. upgrade to gingerbread b. root phone c. convert to I900 d. a+b+c ? Where can I obtain a users manual for said phone? How do I use the TV and radio programs on this phone. How do I get away from Google's heavy-handed control over this phone? I do like this phone and want to be able to use to it's capabilities much more than I'm able to do so now. I've done a lot of "net search" and am just not comfortable with a lot of what I've seen/read, so I thought it best to go straight to the source (I hope) I'd appreciate your help!
Rick

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: How-to convert SHW-M110S to I900

d, none of the above.

The proper way is to sell the phone you have (don't expect to get very much - maybe enough to buy 3 packs of cigarettes) and buy an English language phone. Upgrading to Gingerbread would update to a Korean version of Gingerbread. Rooting has nothing to do with the language in the ROM. You can't "convert" one model phone to another without removing the parts and replacing them with the parts from the other phone.

Considering that the phone is 4-1/2 years old (in phone years, it's tripping over its whiskers, has both feet in the grave and is about to keel over), and has only 512MB of RAM, it's probably not worth spending any time on. You can get a MUCH better phone (in English) for well under $100 new.

69Rixter

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: How-to convert SHW-M110S to I900

Hey Rukbat:

Thanx for the laugh. Regardless of the age of the phone, I CAN upgrade to (at least) Jb. And it would load an English version and it WOULD work well. There are many videos on the web attesting to the versatility of this particular phone. It may be 4 y/o but it is NOT in the grave and just because it's not the "latest, greastest, next-to-god", $600 phone does not mean it's beyond working. I'm sure Samsung/Iphone..etc... appreciates your silly ideas and laughs at you all the way to the bank!!! Should you really have anything relevant to say about this phone, I'm willing to read it.
RICK