Is it possible to swap the motherboard from a, AT&T Moto X to a US Cellular Moto X?

TraceMae88

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Motherboard swap Moto X, US Cellular to AT&T

Is it possible to swap the motherboard from an AT&T Moto X to a US Cellular Moto X body?

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Motherboard swap Moto X, US Cellular to AT&T

Is it possible to swap the motherboard from an AT&T Moto X to a US Cellular Moto X body?

Physically, I think this is possible. As far as software or other hardware components go, that is the tricky part. If you do this, you may not get some of the cellular reception that you used to (as the bands may differ on the motherboard).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

About the only difference is that the AT&T doesn't do CDMA EVDO, so you won't get 3G, but you will get 4G if you're in an area in which USC offers it. You'll probably somehow have to force the USC ROM (the firmware in the ROM chip, actually) onto the board.

TraceMae88

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for the replies!
The service is at&t, I have a perfect moto x us cellular (actually it's Element Mobile, at&t just took them over) housing and an at&t moto x with a cracked screen, it is just easier to swap the motherboard then repairing the screen.
I just successfully did this with my old s3, the US cellular mobo went into the Element Mobile housing perfectly. Element Mobile and US Cellular have identical model numbers.