The auto awesome does not give a movie option on my Samsung Galaxy 5Sport???

A

AC Question

The S5 is supposed to have an option for creating a video under auto awesome but only motion and mix options appear.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where are you looking at those options? Are you in the Photos app (the one with the pinwheel icon), under Menu>Settings>[your Google account]>Auto Awesome?

Richard Borge

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S5 Active no Create Movie option for Google+

I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 Active running android 4.4.... I am unable to create an autoawesome movie in Google+ photos. I've read directions to create one but it appears that the create movie option isn't available. Does anyone know why or what I can do? Many many thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard Borge

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Where are you looking at those options? Are you in the Photos app (the one with the pinwheel icon), under Menu>Settings>[your Google account]>Auto Awesome?

I open the pin wheel/photos app, the autoawesome button is in the top right. Clicking that only reveals motion and collage options.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I open the pin wheel/photos app, the autoawesome button is in the top right. Clicking that only reveals motion and collage options.

Right, but in the Photos app, did you also tap Menu>Settings>[your Google account]>Auto Awesome>Use this device to create Auto Awesome movies?

Richard Borge

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Right, but in the Photos app, did you also tap Menu>Settings>[your Google account]>Auto Awesome>Use this device to create Auto Awesome movies?

Yes I just confirmed that the option you said is turned on. Auto Awesome has created movies from my pictures and videos as well. I just can't create them manually.

Richard Borge

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
I have also tried rolling back updates to the google+ app with no luck. I check my friend's phone who also has a galaxy S5 Active and his doesn't have the feature either :(. Looks like it may just not available for S5 Active.