Question Android Auto and phone volume control

greystone

Dec 29, 2023
Visit site
Hi, I suspect there's a reasonable answer to this but the search terms are too vague to get me there:

I have a Tunai BT remote, it controls volume, track and pause on my phone, works great. When Android Auto is in the mix, track and pause work but volume control goes away, presumably because the remote is controlling the volume on my phone and those controls get disabled and sent to the car headunit. Is there a way to keep the phone (S22+) volume buttons active while using AA so the remote can control volume?

Connecting the Tunai remote directly to the car headunit doesn't appear to be an option.

Thanks.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately, nope. Once Android Auto takes over, that's it. Volume and calls get automatically routed to the head unit. Only a modified version of AA could possibly do it, but not sure this is something that has prompted someone to modify the app for this very specific use-case scenario.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

greystone

Dec 29, 2023
Visit site
Unfortunately, nope. Once Android Auto takes over, that's it. Volume and calls get automatically routed to the head unit. Only a modified version of AA could possibly do it, but not sure this is something that has prompted someone to modify the app for this very specific use-case scenario.
Thanks for the input, shame I can't get the remote to pair with the low rent Android headunit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter