How am I supposed to transfer my iPhone contacts to my Nexus 5 with NO iCloud, NO Bump, etc etc?

A

AC Question

transferring iphone contacts to nexus 5 - NO iCloud, NO Bump, etc etc

hey there. I'm at my wits end. i'm not really feelin this Nexus at all. I'm currently in DAY 4 of trying to upload 3000 tracks to my google play account. SLOW.

and despite looking everywhere for how to transfer my iphone contacts to my nexus, all the advice given just doesn't work! it won't go via itunes because the apple dicks have decided to remove the "transfer to gmail account" option. It on't go via icloud because my computer is 2 years old so am using 10.6.8, which features the obsolete MoileMe and NOT iCloud. iCan't 'BUMP' because that died....

whilst i'm here. Google now won't set a reminder either, all i get is an error message saying "Cannot reach google at this time". So they can spy on me but i can't reach tme to set an alarm clock. really unimpressed. Advice please? Should i stick with ****ty Apple and get obsoleted every ten minutes, or stick with Google where nothing works...???

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr........

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: transferring iphone contacts to nexus 5 - NO iCloud, NO Bump, etc etc

It can be done: export iCloud contacts to a file, get the file into .csv format, import the .csv file into your Google contacts, which will then sync from the google cloud to your Nexus.

The hardest part is exporting out of iCloud to csv because it prefers vcf. There are a couple of software options to do it. For example, here: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6492596?start=0&tstart=0

Any chance you have a computer with MS Outlook? It is really easy to install iCloud on that machine & sync the contacts to Outlook. Then you can easily export the contacts out of Outlook as a .csv which can then be imported into Google contacts.

As for Google not available, I've been on gmail & chrome for 5 years and Android for 3, and I've had maybe 5 minutes of Google downtime total. Keep the faith.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: transferring iphone contacts to nexus 5 - NO iCloud, NO Bump, etc etc

Try How to Transfer data between iPhone and Android Phone or Wondershare.

But before you do, bring the phone to your carrier and ask them why the alarm won't set, but gives you a "cannot reach google" error. The alarm is an internal function, it has nothing to do with Google (unless it's an alarm for a calendar event). The phone may have a problem. (If it's within about 15 days [depends on the carrier], they'll usually replace it with a new one.)

If you want "use it the way we designed it", stay with Apple. If you want "there's an app to do it my way", stay with Android. I call Apple's phones "nanny-phones" - they're for people that don't want to learn how to actually use their phones. (I prefer a little computer in my pocket that, oh, yes, can also make phone calls.)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty