Why has my Samsung Tab 2 (7.) stopped connecting to email (hotmail) Apps (Error 3005)?

A

AC Question

Samsung Tab 2 (7.) just stopped connecting to Email (hotmail) Apps (Error 3005)

Hi,

Had my Samsung Tab 2 (7.0) tablet over 2 years - always fine up until yesterday (boyfriend "borrowed it!!!!!").

Since then My Email app (to my Hotmail live account) will not connect BUT my Email App is working fine on my Samsung phone.

Wifi is fine (Tablet will connect all other Apps & my internet browser)

In desperation, I thought I would download a new Email App (chose Blue Mail but all recommendations welcome), but although it seems to install ok (googlemail account added with no problem) it will NOT add my hotmail account and delivers the following error message:

Error: Network unavailable, cannot authenticate. Please try again later (3005).

But simultaneously my Samsung phone is logged happily into my Hotmail account and sending and receiving (from PC) with no problems!

Help - this is driving me more than a little insane.

PS The Date & time on the Tablet are correct.

Thank you, Michele

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Tab 2 (7.) just stopped connecting to Email (hotmail) Apps (Error 3005)

Hi,

Had my Samsung Tab 2 (7.0) tablet over 2 years - always fine up until yesterday (boyfriend "borrowed it!!!!!").

Since then My Email app (to my Hotmail live account) will not connect BUT my Email App is working fine on my Samsung phone.

Wifi is fine (Tablet will connect all other Apps & my internet browser)

In desperation, I thought I would download a new Email App (chose Blue Mail but all recommendations welcome), but although it seems to install ok (googlemail account added with no problem) it will NOT add my hotmail account and delivers the following error message:

Error: Network unavailable, cannot authenticate. Please try again later (3005).

But simultaneously my Samsung phone is logged happily into my Hotmail account and sending and receiving (from PC) with no problems!

Help - this is driving me more than a little insane.

PS The Date & time on the Tablet are correct.

Thank you, Michele

Welcome to the forums.
You do have a few options:
1. You can try clearing the app cache in Settings>apps>swipe over to all apps>scroll down to the email client> click>click clear cache.
2. Since it is a hotmail account, make sure you have the most up to date app (there is now an Outlook app that I think is supposed to be used as opposed to the old hotmail app).
3. See if you have an update for the new Gmail app. That will allow you to add your hotmail account.

If none of these work, it may be a server issue.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Tab 2 (7.) just stopped connecting to Email (hotmail) Apps (Error 3005)

Error 3005 (usually with a status of 503) is a server issue (assuming MS is running Exchange Server). It's usually temporary - they get so many complaints (any attempt to create an account on a new client) that they fix it pretty quickly.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty