Why aren't my emails going out?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: emails are not going out

What device do you have? What app are you using? Are you trying to send over WiFi or network? Are you using a battery saver app or anything else that might try to save battery power by shutting off your data? Is this for all emails or just big ones or ones with attachments? Have you checked what kind of data connection you have, 1x, 3G, 4G, two bars of WiFi, four bars?

First I would restart the device. A lot of times we don't do this enough, and if it is related to a memory leak restarting your device should clear out most of your caches and get you back to good. Not knowing much about what you have or are using, I say that you may need to clear the cache for your email app, Settings>Apps>All scroll to the app you are using and clear the cache. I would also check to see if the app you are using saves your sent emails to your device or to the sever your email uses. With apps I've used in the past they save sent emails to the device, which is a wicked pain in the, well you get it, and I would actually have to go into each account and set it to save the sent mail to a folder on the providers server. When they get saved to the device it eats up a lot of your memory and this can affect performance not only in the email app but in other apps when the email is running in the background. Speaking of outside causes Facebook is another app who's cache build up can affect memory issues.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo