Deleted contacts reappear in my contact list on my Note 2, how can I prevent this?

JohnnyM76

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to clean up my contact list to make it more usable. However, I'm having a problem when I delete a contact. When I remove a name, it immediately disappears as it should. However when I go back in, maybe hours or a day later, that contact has reappeared.
In addition to this, a few entries appear to have been changed. Example, a listing I have as John Doe now appears as John John Doe. This only happened on a few listings though.
Any ideas would be appreciated, I assume it's syncing and restoring these deleted contacts. I just don't know where its syncing. I Thought that with Verizon cloud, contacts deleted from your phone were also deleted from your backups.
Thanks in advance!

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to clean up my contact list to make it more usable. However, I'm having a problem when I delete a contact. When I remove a name, it immediately disappears as it should. However when I go back in, maybe hours or a day later, that contact has reappeared.
In addition to this, a few entries appear to have been changed. Example, a listing I have as John Doe now appears as John John Doe. This only happened on a few listings though.
Any ideas would be appreciated, I assume it's syncing and restoring these deleted contacts. I just don't know where its syncing. I Thought that with Verizon cloud, contacts deleted from your phone were also deleted from your backups.
Thanks in advance!

This is an issue with your backup service, either there's a setting for you to make your device the default device or you'll have to look for ways of getting to your contacts backup and deleting the contects afresh. The setting I am talking about lets you delete a contact from your device and from the backup too, and some backup services have these settings where you can change what happens to the backed up contact when you delete from your phone. Just an ides.