Why am I not getting push notifications for some apps on my HTC One M8?

Steven Kendrick

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Why am I not getting push notifications for some apps on my HTC One M8

I have recently purchased a HTC One M8 and added a number of apps.
I have enabled push notifications for a number of apps and I am getting the expected notifications for some of them, but getting no notifications at all for others.

So for example, I am not getting a notification when someone messages me on Google Hangouts. Now sound or vibration and no icon at the top of the screen. The only way I become aware of being messaged is by opening the app and looking.
It is the same for Sky Sports Football Centre. I have set up notifications to get score updates for my team and for a few days it worked and now nothing.
There are several other examples of this but what is strange is that for apps such as Facebook and Whatsapp and NFL Mobile I do get notifications come through.
Anyone know why this would be and if it is something I can fix?

Cheers
Steve

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why am I not getting push notifications for some apps on my HTC One M8

Welcome to Android Central! First, go to those app that aren't giving you notifications, and open their respective menus. Look in the settings for the notification options, and make sure they're properly turned on.

If they are, then go to Settings>Data Usage, and select one of those apps. Make sure "Restrict Background Data" isn't checked.

Brandon6121

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why am I not getting push notifications for some apps on my HTC One M8

Welcome to Android Central! First, go to those app that aren't giving you notifications, and open their respective menus. Look in the settings for the notification options, and make sure they're properly turned on.

If they are, then go to Settings>Data Usage, and select one of those apps. Make sure "Restrict Background Data" isn't checked.

Im still not getting notificactions...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87