Question Would this method recover my Facebook account

TStark80

Feb 1, 2024
Visit site
hi i have reason to believe my account on facebook has been hacked. i noticed missing notifications in my feed and zero notifications in my facebook dating account. i tried everything i can think of pretty much and tried switching on all the two factor options. however i am getting a security key in the mail to use with android cell. if i factory reset my cell and then turn on all the 2 factor again in facebook including the newly acquired security key for my android does anyone know if that would solve my problem? also if i go that route in factory resetting how do i recover my apps and settings safely without being vulnerable to bringing back whatever is on my phone that is causing this problem? many thanks in advance for help guys.

TStark80

Feb 1, 2024
Visit site
hi

i just searched through there and couldn't find any topics of use to my issue. can i still please have my question here to possibly be answered? i dont mean no disrespect whatsoever its just i thought it was ok since i see other facebook questions here that are similar.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
hi

i just searched through there and couldn't find any topics of use to my issue. can i still please have my question here to possibly be answered? i dont mean no disrespect whatsoever its just i thought it was ok since i see other facebook questions here that are similar.
Sorry that page didn't help. It's totally fine to continue discussing the issue here -- I didn't mean to sound like I was discouraging you. :)

Reactions: TStark80

TStark80

Feb 1, 2024
Visit site
I think the first question is what are you seeing/experiencing that makes you think you're being hacked in the first place? If we know that, we may be able to better addresses it directly rather than the nuclear route.

Sorry that page didn't help. It's totally fine to continue discussing the issue here -- I didn't mean to sound like I was discouraging you. :)
hi

i am seeing alot less new notifications in my feed button on top especially posts my friends made. they dont even appear and i checked they did make posts. i see notifications verifying if i approved logins and posts of annoucements of new releases but thats pretty much it regarding the news feed. that is unusual for only the posts i mentioned to appear. like i said i used 2 factor options and still no luck. i received my security key for facebook to be used with my cell today but i didnt use it yet. this is very frustrating all this,

hi b. diddy

its all good b. diddy. my bad for misunderstanding.

dangerousfen

Aug 1, 2015
Visit site
hi

i am seeing alot less new notifications in my feed button on top especially posts my friends made. they dont even appear and i checked they did make posts. i see notifications verifying if i approved logins and posts of annoucements of new releases but thats pretty much it regarding the news feed. that is unusual for only the posts i mentioned to appear. like i said i used 2 factor options and still no luck. i received my security key for facebook to be used with my cell today but i didnt use it yet. this is very frustrating all this,

hi b. diddy

its all good b. diddy. my bad for misunderstanding.
From my experience with FB there's nothing unusual regarding the lack of notifications from your friends. It's just the way FB garbage notification work.

TStark80

Feb 1, 2024
Visit site
From my experience with FB there's nothing unusual regarding the lack of notifications from your friends. It's just the way FB garbage notification work.
hi

true but it was fine a week ago. i just have a gut feeling that something is wrong. i keep checking google under news if theres a outage or something on facebook's end which happens and would explain it. i know i dont have concrete proof and puts me at a disadvantage. can anyone verify if adding that security key would solve it or doing a factory reset on my cell and adding back my 2 factor options and key? i know it sounds extreme i get it but it also has to do with my facebook dating. its just important to me and i use that aspect of facebook more than most other things on facebook.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

This is my thinking too. Facebook is always changing and breaking parts of their service, including tons of missed notifications.

To TStark80, I don't think there's anything nefarious going on and nothing you can do to fix the notification issue. Using the key that was mailed to you isn't going to hurt, but doubtful it'll change the notifications issue.

TStark80

Feb 1, 2024
Visit site
This is my thinking too. Facebook is always changing and breaking parts of their service, including tons of missed notifications.

To TStark80, I don't think there's anything nefarious going on and nothing you can do to fix the notification issue. Using the key that was mailed to you isn't going to hurt, but doubtful it'll change the notifications issue.
ok i just want to try regardless. what recommended way do i go about using this security key for my samsung android? i know it sounds extreme but factory resetting first is not needed correct?

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
ok i just want to try regardless. what recommended way do i go about using this security key for my samsung android? i know it sounds extreme but factory resetting first is not needed correct?
I have no idea, as I've never used that method. I would assume there are directions on Facebook, or with whatever they mailed to you. Otherwise, maybe someone else here would know, or start googling.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos