Does anyone have any battery charging tips?

dg21uday

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Battery charging tips

Hi, Please let me know the charging tips for Moto g 2nd generation. How many hours it should be charged to get the best out of it? Any battery related suggestion would of great help..

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery charging tips

Battery experts advise keeping the charge between 40-80% for the best battery life and performance. That will probably be inconvenient and difficult to do, but try not to regularly discharge the battery heavily if you want it to last more than a few months.
Here also are some battery- saving tips:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...how-tos/298919-guide-battery-saving-tips.html

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Battery experts agree to keep the charge of a battery that you're going to store unused (outside of the phone) at about 40%, and to charge it when it's no lower than 40%. But 80%? No. Charge it to 100%. Then, if you have the time and patience, wait about 15 minutes and charge it for another half hour. But just charging it until the phone says it's charged is not going to shorten the battery life by more than a few days (out of a few years). Discharging it below 40% regularly will. Discharging a battery down to 5% (which is where many phones are set to tell you to recharge it) means that the battery will most likely not last a full year.

Cadex is the leader in battery testing and has been for many years, so they know what they're talking about. (They don't sell batteries, so they're not trying to get you to ruin your battery so that you need to replace it often.) Battery University - How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries is their page on the specific subject of charging and discharging lithium batteries, Sharing Battery Knowledge Essays & Feedback - Battery University is the beginning of their long educational site on batteries, Lithium-based Batteries Information – Battery University is the beginning of the course on lithium batteries (the type used in cellphones).

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

^^^I stand corrected over the 80% figure. I came across the 40-80% recommendation on some seemingly learned and serious site long ago but I must have misunderstood.
Apologies OP.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Charging at 80% isn't bad, it's just wasteful unless you really need a fully charged battery, and it's down to 80%. Once in a while is fine. (Discharging down to 10% once in a great while is okay too.) But, as a general rule, recharge when it's down to 50%, and +/- 10% isn't going to affect the battery life that much, so 40%-60%. Which is one reason I don't buy phones I can't swap batteries on in the field. I always carry a spare, 40%, 39%, finish the call and swap batteries. If I ever needed more than that (and at one time I carried 5 phones [I sold for 5 carriers] and was on the phone about 15 hours a day), I'd carry more spares. Back then a good battery was $50 or more. These days a good one for most phones is $15 or less. A spare will cost you $15 and keep your batteries running for years. Draining the only battery you own will cost you $15 every 6 months or so - for a new battery. It's cheaper to buy one spare. And in an emergency - the battery died and I have to call 911 - I still have a spare in my pocket. (Unless I'm the one needing help - it's hard swapping batteries when you're trapped in a flaming wreck. Stupid wasting the time, too.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87