My Galaxy S4 appears to download email but does not show latest email, why?

spapag

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
galaxy s4 appears to download email but does not show latest email. can anyone help?

This is a new phone and was set up by Verizon associate. The webmail server is USA.net (NetAddress) . I have used this service since 1996 successfully.
Incoming server is IMAP 995 and outgoing server is SMTP 465.
Thanks in advance.
Steve

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: galaxy s4 appears to download email but does not show latest email. can anyone help?

Welcome to Android Central! When you say it doesn't show the latest email, do you mean that it isn't showing up in the inbox? How do you know that it's syncing correctly?

Make sure your phone's Auto-Sync function is turned on--swipe the Quick Settings down and make sure the Sync button is highlighted. Also, in the Email app, tap Menu, then Settings, and go to that email account's sync settings--make sure they are set to your preference.

In the Email app's settings, you can also review the email account's server settings--it's worth going over them yourself and making sure everything is correct, including SSL settings, username, and password for both incoming and outgoing servers.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: galaxy s4 appears to download email but does not show latest email. can anyone help?

My wife was known as the Web Diva - if she couldn't find it on the web, it's because it wasn't on the web. I learned a few things from her. :)

Seriously, the old saying "Google is your friend" is true. usanet email was all it took. (Knowing that most sales associates at Verizon company stores are hired for their lack of intelligence made me think of that as the first problem.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty