Which phone should I get the Samsung Galaxy S3 or the Samsung Galaxy S5 mini?

Chrystalia Kalliri

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
samsung galaxy s3 OR samsung galaxy s5 mini

Hello guys, i want to buy a new phone and i 'm between samsung s3 and samsung s5 mini.... I like the design of the s3 more than the design of the s5 mini, but the s5 mini is water resistant and has released on 2014 (instead of s3 that has released on 2012)...

I wantyou to tell me which one is the best, and why...
Thanks xxx :)

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: samsung galaxy s3 OR samsung galaxy s5 mini

the s5 mini is waterproof
Regardless of the videos you've seen, it's water resistant, not waterproof. IOW, if it gets water damaged, the warranty is void. You can use it without fear in a heavy rain, but if you drop it in a lake, even with the plugs in place, in only 2 feet of water, it could still leak. Don't let the "water resistant" part decide for you.

If you're going to be on a boat, or near water, put your phone into a zip lock baggie and zip it shut with a little air left in it. Then put that baggie, zipper-end first, into another baggie and zip that one shut with a little air left in it. If the baggies are good quality, the phone is waterproof down to about 6 feet, at least. And the double bagging gives you a chance to get the phone out of the water when the water has still only gotten into the outer baggie.

You can use the phone right through the baggies. Any phone, even if it's not the least bit water resistant. Choose by carrier first (if there's no coverage where you need it, no phone is worth anything), then by size, features, speed, amount of internal storage (never count on running apps from the external SD card), price - whatever order matters to you most. There's no waterproof phone on the market. (Nextel used to make one. Nextel doesn't exist any more, neither does their entire network, so the phone is a nice yellow and black color accent on a shelf.)