What would happen if I left my galaxy s5 charging for 8 days?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. AS far as I know, it should stop accepting a charge when it's full, and the battery should cool down. However, is there a possibility that a neighbor can go into your place and unplug it and turn it off?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
About all that will happen is that you're going to waste a few cents worth of electricity (because the charger is plugged into the wall). Once the battery is charged, charging stops. If the charge level drops a bit, the charger will top the battery off, then stop again. (I've left phones plugged into the charger for weeks.)

If the charger decides to go bad and blow up, your house could burn down, but that could happen if the phone is charging when you're sitting right next toit too. Any slectrical device that's plugged in can do that. The odds are better that the winning lottery ticket will just happen to blow into your pocket.

I'd sooner trust the charger not going bad, than my neighbor being honest, the risk is so small. (My laptop's been plugged in, other than when we moved 2 years ago, for about 6 years so far [I used it as a desktop with a built-in UPS] and it's still working fine.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87