Why is sound coming from the internal speakers, rather than the external speaker, when my app activates in the morning (Galaxy S4)?

tochrio

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
External speaker sound with Galaxy S4

I have a radio app (TuneIn) I used as an alarm clock in the morning. I connected an external speaker to the headphone output but the sound comes from the internal speaker in the morning when the app activates. How come?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: External speaker sound with Galaxy S4

I have a radio app (TuneIn) I used as an alarm clock in the morning. I connected an external speaker to the headphone output but the sound comes from the internal speaker in the morning when the app activates. How come?
Does the external speaker work properly with other music apps? If not, then it could a compatibility issue with the speaker and device. Perhaps the jack is not the same as those found on headphones.

srato

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: External speaker sound with Galaxy S4

Sorry I had to re-register because my previous ID did not work. So I am the initial poster. My external speaker works correctly with my Galaxy S4. The problem is when the app activates the phone in the morning, then only the internal speaker works, not the external one.