What is the best upgrade from HTC DESIRE X?

AV2RY

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Looking for best upgrade from HTC DESIRE X

Hello guys,
I never owned Android phone and have no idea which is good/best one. Ive always been using WP. Anyways, I want to buy Android phone for my GF with good camera and price tag $550- and Max 4.5". Also it Must be Unlocked ( to use any simcard)

How good is HTC One mini 2? Does it have ANY problems? I like its design (All One family design actually) its has 13mp camera compared to 5mp. HD video recording. And FFC that Desire X lacks. In short, much better than what she has now.

Or do you have any suggestions? I know there are many other phones (Samsung, SONY, dozens of Chinese OEMs) I just checked what was introduced in CES but all of them are 5+ inches, too big. And I've got to mention I don't want Galaxy S3. Friend of mine changed it twice and both have terrible battery.

Or, I know this isn't best place to ask this, should I buy iPhone 5s/6? last one is 4.7" and pricy I know

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Looking for best upgrade from HTC DESIRE X

Welcome to Android Central! HTC generally makes high quality phones, so the One Mini 2 is probably a good choice. I don't have any direct experience with it, but I haven't seen many complaints about it on this forum. It's going to be hard to find new phones that aren't any bigger than 4.5", though. Consider the 2013 Moto X, which is still widely regarded as an excellent phone, and with a 4.7" screen, it will probably suit her needs. The camera is not supposed to be spectacular, but it should still be good enough for daily use. The Nexus 5 is another consideration, but that screen is pushing 5". The Compact version of Sony's Xperia Z line might also be worth checking out--the latest is the Z3 Compact (4.6" screen).

AV2RY

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for reply. I well check, compare all phones you listed here and see what I like more. She isn't a techy person and takes her awhile to get used to new phone. That's why I'm considering HTC, or maybe all Android phones have almost the same UI.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

There can be some significant variation between the various manufacturer "skins" (i.e., the modifications they make to the basic Android interface). Samsung has the heaviest skin (TouchWiz), while HTC's Sense is kind of medium. Motorola's skin is relatively light, so that's another reason why the Moto X may be a good choice. Skins can add a lot of features, but if those features aren't particularly useful to you, then all they do is take up memory and processing power.

ORA1

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site

I am also coming from a HTC Desire X. I have looked at many phones and found this Sony Z3 compact.
I was never a Sony fan, but times have certainly changed, i work in a dusty enviroment and viola, the Sony Z3 compact flashed a bell.
I did some research and found that this phone is up there with the best.
It fits the hand like a glove, slightly bigger than Desire X and the price is in my budget.
I have heard all the yadda about bloatware, i dont know if this is bad or good, some guys say just ignore and wont affect anything. I am not into games, too much music and pics although the camera does look like it should be used more often.
Now the glass stuff. Any phone that you drop will break or crack if it hits at a certain angle, i just insure the phone incase.
I am new here so i will go and read all the other stuff.
ORA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty