Question I can only imagine the thrill had by any Devs when they see a “DEARJEBUS help me my bf hacked me!!” Hi I’m new to this forum! Guess what comes next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2023
Visit site
I’d first like to start this post by giving my sincere awe and amazement I feel for anybody diligent enough to learn multiple alien languages, as is the only way I can imagine what it’s like to know enough to even be able to post replies to the hoards of simple minded folk like myself, whom go through an upset in their personal life, which in turn makes some of us go a little -er-…. Hard.. on the investigative side of the matter, and start posting plain old system logs to be deciphered… - (which as one of those more simple minded folk I’d state to our benefit that finding those is not always easy!) but 99.9% of the time, can instill a bit of unfounded paranoia, one of the dumps state logs I have on one of my old androids states ASH MEM, which is half of my bloody name for crying out loud! And couple that with a few other random log files listed there, and it’s understandable, (albeit maybe not for you actual developers and coders) That The human mind is very good at making patterns out of a jumble of otherwise incomprehensible jargon that these accessible files contain… That, and we be GOING through [language redacted by Mod] ya dig?

But the reason I write, this is because I too, have been at the poster end of an embarrassing , yet very much fear induced sharing of my phones everyday analytics data, sure as [language redacted by Mod] that something in there was undeniable proof of someone hacking my stuff!

To which we stumble (almost literally) onto whatever forum google coughs up first that doesn’t require we make an entire account to make a post to, and hack up much like a hair ball, our nonsensical rambling, asking that people more learned than we, to come in like the white knights we then needing! ((Oops! There’s knight-esses…..? Too!)) And say “Aha! Yep! That file shouldn’t be there! That log isn’t normal and is known spyware!”

And while I can understand both sides, and the frustration felt by all, especially when you can liken the contempt felt by the more knowledgeable to the time that my younger sister tried telling me that “quesadilla” was not in fact pronounced in English by pronouncing the Spanish spelling, but it’s pronounced “kwEY-saw-DILL-uhHHHH”! I imagine I felt then how I imagine any developer or coder on any forum replying to the latest “help I’ve been hacked” post must feel… Eye rolls so big they threaten to roll right out your skull!

So I ask this, for anyone undeniably frustrated by what feels like an onslaught from forum strangers, who don’t actually know [language redacted by Mod] just convinced themselves they do, please, remember to have patience with us…

Break ups are hard for everybody. Break ups happen to everybody. People come and go in our lives, and some of them, unfortunately, scarier than the last… And
some of us, are unfortunate enough still, to run into a select part of the population that really are the thing of not just our nightmares, but the antagonists of those scary flicks and books we’ve all read or seen once upon a time.. hell some of us choose whether or not we’re going to see a movie based on the statement that it’s based on true events!

Someone who’s gotten to the point of reading through their dump logs and analytic data on their phones have gotten so far beyond asking for help in every other way we can imagine, they are turning to any, and all possible means of finding evidence. If somebody, no matter how wrong they are, is afraid that they’re being hacked, followed, listened in on, their privacy taken from them even if they are completely wrong and just being paranoid, is a very scary feeling. It is isolating, nerve wracking experience, and enough to drive anyone to desperation.
People that come here posting random [language redacted by Mod] from their phones, because something looks “funny” is because, well all coding looks [language redacted by Mod] funny to your average human.

What those here that are KNOWLEDGEABLE enough to reply to these posts need to know, is that, we are just looking for answers…. The vast majority of us have recently been victim, or still are in the moment of that post, to domestic abuse, whether that be psychological, physical or emotional. A person who go so far as to pick a part, the inner workings of their phone, no matter how truly paranoid their situation has made them. There has been real life reasons and occurrences that have brought them to that point.

As someone who’s been through it, I want to bridge the gap, an olive branch, if you will, just a reminder, that we come to you guys, who we hope might have the tools at your disposal to truly investigate our suspicions, and we don’t even know where to begin asking in the first place ( hence the help me I’m hacked posts)
In a time in a persons life where they have found themselves completely alone and feeling vulnerable, when people they trust and had behind them, have disappeared, when our phones very much could hold the possible expose of their plight, they come somewhere like here, asking you wizards of the tech world, for help. If they have posted there every day, useless data found in the nook and crannies of their phones that tell you guys nothing, the next best thing to shut us up, would be to suggest HOW to go about finding potential breaches of their phones security.

If anything, sure will keep us busy, am I right??

Thanks for listening. I’m not saying every developer needs to be the next breakups white knight in shinning armor… just that, if you wanted to, we would appreciate you so very much for it. It will if anything, help dispel the dread of the isolation we are feeling. If even for a moment, it helps <3

Much love, from the other side, ya damn wizards….
-Ash

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kimmiedp75
Status
Not open for further replies.