Sony Xperia M2 Aqua front camera not working

Ruan Arendt

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello everyone.
Yesterday I purchased a brand new Sony Xperia M2. As I tried to take a picture with front facing camera,it had an error message saying 'camera not available'. Any tips or anything I can do to fix this problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Does that persist after a reboot? Does the rear-facing camera work normally?

Since the phone is so new, I'd just bring it back to the store and ask for an exchange.

Ruan Arendt

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
The rear camera works perfectly. And this issue started before any reboot or power off. I'll take it back to my carrier and ask for a replacement since its faulty and under warranty. Thanks for your reply! :)

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That kind of thing can happen sometimes if you've been using the flashlight function. There have been various bug reports for different devices (mostly running Lollipop) where use of the flashlight toggle tends to interfere with the Camera function. Since the LED flash (which is used for the flashlight) and the camera are connected, it's not that surprising that this kind of glitch exists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez