A

AC Question

Battery draining rapidly

Will disabling apps extend battery life

christopher neils

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: Battery draining rapidly

Well, yes disabling apps do help saving battery but also remember its not like you disable apps and whoops battery life has increased, there are few points you need to take care of like there are some apps like antivirus and all... even after disabling them they will automatically start running, so you need to take care of it also be sure that in rush to save battery juice you disable some system apps which could results in non functioning of the Android system !! I would say better option would be installing battery saver app over your device there are a number of then available over the store to choose from !

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site

Well, yes disabling apps do help saving battery but also remember its not like you disable apps and whoops battery life has increased, there are few points you need to take care of like there are some apps like antivirus and all... even after disabling them they will automatically start running, so you need to take care of it also be sure that in rush to save battery juice you disable some system apps which could results in non functioning of the Android system !! I would say better option would be installing battery saver app over your device there are a number of then available over the store to choose from !

Used battery savers before. For years in fact. I stopped using them,. Had battery doctor and juice defender among others. After deleting them there was no difference to my battery life. I have been using my LG G3 from 6am today and still have 43% left. No battery saver.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site

Stopping apps from running will save battery life. "Cleaning" apps from RAM will waste battery life.

First look at the battery stats in Settings to see if any apps are using a large percentage of battery. Then you can install an app like GSam Battery Monitor to see which app is using what and for how long.

You have a symptom (short battery life), now you need to find the cause. You can't fix symptoms. (If it's a fairly old phone, of if you regularly drain the battery down to 10% or less, it could just be that the battery is at the end of its life.)